Why mine is always a double
Double cleansing that is, not a double G&T!
For most people, their cleansing routine is the equivalent of wearing the wrong size bra! It's as essential to cleanse properly as it is to get yourself measured for bras - simple! If you want healthy-looking, beautiful skin you MUST double cleanse. Not taking action is simply adding 'beautiful skin' to that 'wish list', which often includes losing weight, going to the gym, drinking less, flossing, cutting out sugar...
Why is double cleansing so important?
The first cleanse removes make-up, SPF, grime, pollution, sweat, sebum and all manner of things that are clinging to your skin, just from living the day. The second cleanse, cleans your skin. You will see the difference and feel the difference immediately and it just gets better.
Let's dispel some myths about double cleansing...
- You don't have to use two different cleansers. Unless you have problem/oily skin
- You don't need to have a cheap first cleanser and a really expensive second cleanser. Cleanser is going to be removed, almost immediately, onto a cloth or you will watch it slide down the plug hole. Think about it -- is it really worth spending £40-80 on a cleanser?
- Foaming cleansers are fine if you like them and when the surfactant (foaming agent) is gentle.
- A cleansing balm is good for all skin types, including oily and problem skin. Oil cuts through oil therefore removes face make up effectively.
- It does not have to take a lot more time if you chose the correct cleanser. Don't waste time on solid cleansing balms that require you to use your precious time 'warming' them. They have a ton of wax in them generally and that means thick, cloggy and you have to use a cloth to remove. In addition, they are usually in jars, often double walled and are expensive. Guess who is paying for that. Our Melting Cleansing Balm™ needs no warming. Straight to face and effortlessly spreads/massages. Add a bit of water and it turns into a milk so you can rinse off if you don't want to use a face cloth.
- Men can use a cleansing balm, I mean our cleansing balm, in the shower because it can rinse off.
- You don't have to do a double cleanse in the morning.
Let's get on to how?
- If you have eye make up on, remove with Bi-Phase Plus™ Eye Make-up Remover. That's what I prefer anyway. Many people use the Melting Cleansing Balm and if that works for you, keep doing that.
- First and second cleanse - Melting Cleansing Balm™. Unless you have oily/problem skin or prefer face washes. In that case, second cleanse in Luxury Facial Wash™.
- Done. Except, look at your skin. It glows. Feel your skin, the luscious Sweet Almond Oil and Echium Oil is hydrating without feeling waxy.
Take the Spring Cleansing Challenge and make yours a double from now on.