How to Get Rid of Large Pores; Causes, Myths & Tips
How to get rid of large pores?
We cover the causes, myths and truths of large pores and if it is even possible to shrink large pores. As well as tips on how to treat them. Don't miss the video at the end, where Cosmetic Scientists Lorna Radford and Chris Smith give you the skincare science and facts, that you can trust.
1) Excess oil production.
2) Ageing - loss of skin elasticity.
3) Pores becoming clogged and widening.
1) You can shrink pores - there is no muscle in a pore that would allow opening and closing or shrinking of pores.
2) Your pores open and close.
3) Every pore is a blackhead.
4) Chemical exfoliators entirely clean out pores. Only BHA's which are oil-based can cut through oil which clogs pores.
5) People with dry skin don't have large pores. They can and do and even get blackheads.
6) Wearing makeup clogs your pores. Just be sure to remove it.
1) Remove make up with an oil based (not wax based, usually in pots) cleansing balm. Oil helps to cut through oil and dissolve sebum and debris inside pores. Melting Cleansing Balm is full of sweet almond oil.
2) Gentle exfoliation daily to keep skin free of dead skin cells that clog pores.
3) Use Skin Brightening Exfoliating Peel 1/2 times per week.
4) Blend foundation really well in the area with large pores and really finely milled loose powder can help them look less visible.
5) Don't get drawn in by any product sales pitch that says they can eliminate your existing large pores. It's not possible - minimising how they look, preventing blackheads and concealing is possible.
Skincare Science - How to Treat Blackheads and Large Pores Video
Plagued with large pores and blackheads? Can you shrink a pore? In this video cosmetic scientists answer your questions.
Be sure to subscribe for latest myth busting, science-based beauty advice and reviews.