Best Face Serum for Sensitive Skin
I get so many calls from women who have sensitive skin. They have a few things in common:
- They feel frustrated that they cannot find suitable skincare and perhaps even have to resort to pharma products that are very unsophisticated, heavy formulas that literally sit on the skin. Most have been unable to get the benefits of product that address ageing.
- They are often afraid of trying anything new and yet are desperate to find something that works. Most feel miserable and who can blame them?
- Some have serious skin disorders like Rosacea, eczema, psoriasis and acne. Some are undergoing aggressive medical treatment for illnesses far worse than the above.
- They have spent fortunes on products that don't work.
- They think they have allergies - but don't really know the difference between sensitivity and allergy. See my other blog post if you want clarification on Allergy vs Sensitivity.
Here's some suggestions:
- Look for anti-inflammatory ingredients. Echium Oil is a great example and below a 2 minute video of two eminent cosmetic scientists discussing the immense soothing benefits and how it prevents skin ageing too.
- I know it is tempting to change your whole routine in one go but change one thing at a time so that if you have a reaction, you know what it is.
- Beware products that contain huge amounts of essential oils. Though 'natural', it is not always better and more skin reactions are caused by 'natural' or 'pure' essential oils than synthetics.
- Look at the core message of the brand and decide if you think it is authentic. For example, do they tend towards huge promises of miracles and such like? Avoid if you are not comfortable regardless of which celebrity (is being paid to) say it is fabulous. Do they address skin sensitivity in their communications?
Products that contain Echium Oil and other anti-inflammatories are:
If you are at your wits end and would like to speak directly with Maleka (our Founder) on the phone or on Skype, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org and we will set up an appointment.